Monday, June 18, 2012

re-fried beans

When I had my first baby, Blake, my friend Mar made us these re-fried beans as a side. Adam didn't stop talking about them for years! I tried to make them a couple times, but they just didn't turn out the same. When we went to Yuma, AZ for house-hunting, we stayed with Mar and her family and I got to kinda watch how she made them. I have to admit that I got a little side-tracked with our conversation. They were as good as we remembered. 

1/2 onion diced
1/4 lb (4 slices) bacon, cut up
1 hot dog, diced (yes, hot dog!)
1 small tomato, diced
2 cans pinto beans, drained
water

  • brown the bacon in a pan over medium heat
  • add onions and brown
  • add tomatoes and hot dog
  • I added a little water at this point to de-glaze the pan
  • add beans and begin mashing with a potato masher
  • add water to desired consistency and continue mixing and mashing until most of the beans are mashed





The best re-fried beans ever!! Thanks Mar!

1 comment:

  1. The hot dog kind of sounds gross, but good at the same time. Who would have guessed?? ( I think I just copied your font, sorry)

    ReplyDelete