Sunday, June 3, 2012

chicken adobo

This is a philipino dish that I first had after my first son. It was so good. I tried to get my friend to write down the recipe for me, but it never happened. And I wanted to have it again. Bad! So I did some research online and then got the ingredient I was missing from her. It is super easy, you just need to remember to leave enough time to marinate... 3 hours. Double all the ingredients and that will make up to 12 chicken thighs. 


4 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (this serves our little family)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar (you can use white vinegar, but it is not as good)
2-3 tbsp packed brown sugar
1 onion diced
2-3 garlic cloves, pressed
3-4 bay leaves
1/2 can black olives
black pepper

  • mix all together and add chicken, press chicken down so it is as covered as you can get it and let marinate for 3 hours
  • dump all ingredients into a pan and cook on medium-low heat for 1 to 1.5 hours
  • remove bay leaves
  • serve over rice


No comments:

Post a Comment