Monday, October 1, 2012

chicken fajitas



You can add more if you want.

1 - onion, sliced (I used a red onion this time, but whatever works)
1 - green bell pepper
1- red bell pepper
1- orange or yellow bell pepper
1-2 chicken breasts, cut into strips (you could use other meats)
Goya Adobo seasoning to taste
vegetable oil

In a bowl, mix the onion and peppers together. Drizzle with some oil and Adobo seasoning.
In a bag, mix the chicken, oil and Adobo seasoning.

In a non-stick skillet (I used a long rectangular one), drizzle with oil, heat to med-high. Add veggies to one side and chicken to the other. I usually sprinkle a little more Adobo seasoning on at this time. I fight my OCD and let the fajitas cook. If you can resist the urge to toss them around with tongs, then the peppers and chicken with have some time to get nice and brown. But be careful, you don't want them to burn. Cook until the chicken is cook through and the peppers and chicken are browned evenly.

Serve with warm tortilla, cheese, sour cream, or whatever you like.

I like the flavor of the Adobo seasoning instead of the fajita packets you can buy. It tastes better to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment