Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Salsa


I love finding recipes where the ingredients surprise me... in a GOOD way! This one had chicken bouillon. I didn't even know it was in there until she told me.  One of my co-workers would bring in salsa and everyone would flock around and dig in. I'm not a big salsa person, it has to be good. Hers was. After having it a few times, I asked her for the recipe. In typical fashion, she just gave me a list of ingredients, no measurements and I got to figure it out on my own. It really is pretty simple.

Not pictured: cilantro

You start with taking the Arbol chiles, the amount depends on how spicy you want your salsa... I used 1 1/2. 
  • You boil the dried peppers in water until they are plump and soft (10 minutes)
  • In a food processor, add peppers(remove seeds if you want it less spicy),  5 cloves of garlic (she uses a whole head, but I find that is too much), 1-2 tsp of chicken bouillon, 1 of the tomatoes and some juice
  • pulse until well blended
  • add tomatoes and cilantro and pulse just a little if you want chunkier salsa, or more if you want it smoother
  • Let sit in fridge for about an hour for all the flavors to blend and enjoy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment