Tuesday, May 29, 2012

mom's apple pie


This apple pie recipe is pretty simple, but it is really good. The apples are what makes this pie. My mom always uses Cortland apples. They have a beautiful white flesh and they are so sweet. They hold up well to baking. 

I also use a pre-made pie crust. If you want to make your own, go for it. No one knows that I don't make my own crust. I have to admit, I'm not very good at making pies "pretty".

Preheat oven to 425
6 cups sliced Cortland apples
3 tbsp flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter, cubed

pie crust for bottom and top

  • place pie crust in pie pan
  • mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon together in a bowl and then dump in a bowl with the sliced apples and mix 
  • pour apple mixture into the pie pan and top with butter and crust
  • cut whatever design you want into the crust to let the air escape
  • cover the edges with tin foil
  • bake for 40-50 minutes



1 comment:

  1. This is the best pie ever. I can eat a whole byself. Thanks for giving me credit for it Heather. Love you mom

    ReplyDelete