Friday, May 18, 2012

blueberry smoothie


I drank a lot of these when I was pregnant. Blake loves them too. I originally got the idea from my friend Brook. She has a version of this on her blog: http://brookcancook.blogspot.com/ (if you want to check it out)
Blake has been drinking almond milk for a while now. When he was little, we gave him too much milk and his little bum didn't like it too much. But he really loves milk. It was an easy switch for him. It so good for you and it actually tastes good.

I also started freezing bananas. When they start to get ripe and sweet, you peel them, stick them on a wax paper- lined cookie sheet and into the freezer for about an hour. I then transfer them to a bag and leave them in the freezer.

The recipe is simple:

1 frozen banana, broken or cut up
1 to 1 1/2 cups almond milk (depending how thick you like it)
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1 handful of spinach (optional)

Ok, I know that the spinach may put some of you off. But consider this: It is really healthy for you and the best part is, you can't taste it!

Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Serves 2 if you want to share.

I usually don't add any sweetener because the bananas are plenty sweet.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds good. Have you tried it with regular milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't tried it with regular milk, but you could if you wanted. We always have almond milk on hand.

      Delete
  2. Holy cow, it is about time you started a blog! Awesome! Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see what else you share. You are a fabulous cook!

    ReplyDelete