Saturday, May 12, 2012

these are some awesome muffins!


I was searching for really yummy muffin recipes and I found a recipe that was really good. But in typical Heather fashion, I changed it up and they are better than the original! 

Blueberry (or strawberry) muffins    makes 18

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup almond milk (can use regular)
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp almond extract (maybe a splash more if you're feeling frisky)
2 cups fresh blueberries (or chopped fresh strawberries)

  • preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • line muffin cups with liners
  • combine dry ingredients and whisk to mix together
  • combine milk, oil and almond extract together, add beaten eggs
  • mix together until almost mixed
  • fold in berries
  • fill muffin cups almost to the top and then put 1 heaping tsp of topping on top
  • bake for 20 minutes or until done (be careful not to over bake, muffins will burn) 


crumble top (makes tons... enough for many batches)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup cubed, cold butter

  • smash butter with a fork into the dry ingredients until crumbly.

I have tried using frozen berries. It takes longer to bake. If you thaw them out, it turns the batter blue (or red if using strawberries) so I don't recommend that.



1 comment:

  1. I just want you to know that these have become a staple in our house & get the most gushing compliments on them whenever I share them with others! I send them all to your blog!

    ReplyDelete