Thursday, May 16, 2013

bbq beef pie

This is seriously so easy. It's so easy that you really can't mess it up... Well I guess you could if you really tried. You could make them in muffin pans too. If you wanted individual sizes. Or mini muffin tins to make for appetizers.

1 pkg biscuits
1 lb ground beef or sirloin
olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 pkg or can of sliced mushrooms (I didn't have any on hand)
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
1 C bbq sauce, I use Sweet Baby Rays Hickory and Brown Sugar (it's our fave!)
1-2 C shredded cheddar cheese (say that 10x fast)


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • place biscuits in bottom of pan and press or roll to cover the bottom of the pan

See my cute little helper!

  • In a pan over medium high heat, add olive oil and onion (and fresh mushrooms if you want) and sauté for 5-10 minutes. 
  • Add garlic, S&P and ground beef (and canned mushrooms) , cook until no longer pink
  • Add bbq sauce and mix well
  • Pour mixture over biscuits
  • Sprinkle cheese over top


  • Bake at 350 for however long it tells you on the biscuit package. I used Grands, so the pkg tells me 14-17 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment